Time to start Sailing again. The fall winds will be arriving along with some cooler weather and we have a full racing schedule. Get ready race volunteers-we can’t do it without your help and Tauri has Signup Genius ready to go for the Dinghy Races. Each PRO for Regattas will pick their own team.
- The Fall Series Dinghy Races start at 1pm on Monday, Labor Day, followed by the great Picnic.
- Sunday’s in September and October will see the dinghies out sailing: Evo’s, MC Scows, Sunfish, Opti’s, Bic’s and an occasional 420 or JY15. Tauri Duer, Fleet Captain will be sending out further information.
- The PHRF Keelboat Fall Series will be sailed on Saturday’s: 9/8, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13 and 11/3. Stay tuned for announcement of a meeting to set handicaps and rules for the series. Handicaps, including Catboats, are being modified according to Class Captain Marvin Day.
- The juniors will be hosting the 1stAnnual Pluff Mud Regatta on Sept. 15-16.This will be a major event and we should see a big contingent from other southeast Clubs. Chris and Tauri Duer are running this one. Stay tuned.
- 6 is our annual Around Parris Island Sunfish Race. Most of the time this is a great 5 hr sail but at times it can be a grueling race. Plan on it if you are in shape. Club boats are available.
- The Dataw Cup for PHRF boats will be held on 10/20 at BYSC again this year due to the dock issues at Dataw.Roy Crocker in charge.
- The last organized Regatta of the year is the High School Open Regatta on 10/27. We usually have 14 high school teams from around the southeast. Chris Hoogenboom will be in charge with Andy Kinghorn as PRO.
- Thanks again to all the Volunteers for the wonderful effort at the Lowcountry Regatta.