The pool will open at 9 a.m. on Monday May 18 for the 2020 season. But to protect the safety of members and their guests as well as comply with state and federal guidelines relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are new regulations in place.
Among other things, the Pool Committee is limiting occupancy, increasing disinfection and mandating social distancing on the deck.
According to the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the virus that causes COVID-19 cannot be spread to people through the water in pools. However, the opportunity for transmitting the virus does exist in surrounding areas.
So the BYSC is following guidelines from the CDC and the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC). Specifically,
- It will limit occupancy within the fence to 85 people including lifeguards
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- There should be at least 6 feet or the equivalent of two lounge chairs between family groups on the deck
- No noodles, kickboards, or other community pool equipment will be available
- Bring towels to place on any lounge chair or table chair you use
- When you leave, please lay the top of the lounge chair forward and tilt the table chair forward so it can be disinfected before the next use
- Lifeguards have full discretion to address groups that are becoming too large or not respecting social distancing
- Despite what the Club staff does to mitigate the hazard of the COVID-19 virus, it is your responsibility to take precautions for yourself and your family
The pandemic is an ever-changing situation and these regulations are subject to change.Please contact any of the Board Members, Club Officers or General Manager Jerry Giarla with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.