2019 Around Parris Island Race
***This regatta has been canceled for 2019.
Please contact Gordon Sproul if you are interested in competing in the future. ***
2018 NOTICE OF RACE
The Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club (BYSC)
30 Yacht Club Drive, Beaufort, SC 29907
RULES: The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing. Life jackets and shoes are required for each sailor. Shoes must be worn while launching and recovering boats.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY:
- SUNFISH class only
- Boats may be registered from 8:00-9:00am on the day of the regatta.
- Sunfish boats owned by BYSC are available to members on a first come first served basis. Contact the BYSC office to reserve your boat.
- Boats are available to non-members for a charter cost of $50 for the race. Please notify the BYSC office if you are requesting a charter.
- Boat registration: $20.00
- Boat charter for non-members $50
- Saturday, October 6, 2018
- 8-9 am Registration in the BYSC Clubhouse
- 9 am Skippers’ Meeting
- 9:30am Race Start
- Awards following the race
SAILING INSTRUCTIONS-available at registration
RACE COURSE: BYSC, south on the Beaufort River, west on Battery Creek, west on Archers Creek, Southeast on the Broad River and Port Royal Sound, north on the Beaufort River back to BYSC. Length of course is approximately 20 miles.
This is a long distance race (20 miles, 4-6 hours minimum) in a variety of sailing conditions and is at some point open to the ocean, which can get rough. There are a number of shallow areas. You need to be an experienced sailor in good physical condition to attempt this race.
SCORING: will be based on the results of the one race.
PRIZES: based on the number of entries
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY:
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority and the host club will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during or after the regatta.