The 52nd Annual Lowcountry Regatta
The 52nd Annual Lowcountry Regatta held on June 23rd & 24th was a great success and a lot of fun. We had 85 competing sailors and as many or more volunteers to make the event possible. Several visiting sailors and family members commented on how well the event was run, how great our Club is, and how welcomed they felt. Some went on and on about it. They are right, we do have a great Club, because of our highly involved Membership and our spectacular setting.
I would like to give a special thanks to:
- Frank Pontious and his Race Committee, including Pam Floyd’s Registration Committee, for being the well-oiled machine that they were on and off the water.
- Marilyn Marino and her Social Committee for coming in early and leaving late to do all the food prep, breakfasts, bag lunches, and clean up.
- John & Cheryl Potter and the Jr. Sailing Volunteers for the excellent Dinner and Sunday Cookout.
- Sheila Tindall for procuring the LCR T Shirts. Congratulations to Judith Alling for winning the design competition.
- Chuck (Mr. Chuck) Stauffer and David Dixon’s two grandsons (Lee Byrd and Spencer Tracy) on tractors, along with Luke McLaughlin.
- Jerry and Anne Giarla for keeping things moving in the background. Marvin & Nancy Day for their guidance and leadership.
- And to our generous Sponsors!
So, in spite of a water-line break for a short period of time, gale force winds knocking over sail boats & tents, and missing sandwiches, it was an excellent event. I am proud of our Club, and I hope you are too.
Will Achurch Chairman of the LCR