Depending on when the Bow Watch comes out we have either just had Labor Day or it is upon us. In any event, mark down September 8 & 9 as big Sailing Days. Saturday September 8 is the start of the Fall PHRF Series. If you have a keelboat this is for you. New handicaps are being used this fall to blunt the speed of the catboats so that everyone can compete with a chance of winning, and no whining.
Sunday September 9 is the 2ndDinghy Fall Series race day. Grab a Club boat and come out to sail with us-2pm Warnings. Look at the schedule on the Website and check out the great poster from Catherine Lyons in “What’s Happening”.
Special Thanks to our Regatta Officials and Race Volunteers finishing out the Fall Series:
- Tauri Duer, Fleet Captain, Fall Series
- Bruce Harmer, Race Equipment
- Chris Duer, Regatta Chairman, Inaugural Pluff Mud Championship
- Marvin Day, Class Captain for the PHRF Fall Series
- Gordon Sproul, Around Parris Island Regatta Chairman
- Roy Crocker, Regatta Chairman for the Dataw Cup
- Andy Kinghorn, Chris Hoogenboom, Regatta Chairs for the High School Open Regatta and Andy Kinghorn, PRO
- And, last but not least, the PRO’s for all of our final 2018 Sailing Events along with the many Race Volunteers. Sign up is now available on the Website for the Dinghy Fall Series.
See you on the water,