Labor Day Regatta Monday, September 3rd.
NOR coming soon
2016 LABOR DAY REGATTA RESULTS
NOTICE OF RACE for 2016 BYSC LABOR DAY REGATTA & FALL SERIES
- RULES. The series will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
2. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY. Registration fee must be paid and a waiver must be signed in order to race any race. Contact the race committee of the day if you are new to the series. Fees will be collected Sunday, September 4 at Registration Table or by payment given to PRO on later dates.
3. SCHEDULE. Warning for the first race each Sunday will be at 2:00 PM (1400) except on Labor Day Monday will be at 1:00 PM (1300) due to the Labor Day picnic. Racing dates are: September 4-5 (Labor Day) 11, 18 & 25 and October 2, 9, 16 & 23. Fall Series Awards will be presented on the last day of the series.
- REGISTRATION AND FEES. A Registration Form and Waiver, which will be available at Registration must by completed. Juniors (17 and under), including crew if any, are required to have the Waiver form signed by a parent or guardian. The entry fee of $35 for adult skippers or $15 for juniors will be due at registration. Participants who fail to complete the Registration form or waiver and pay the entry fee will be billed by the BYSC office with an additional $15 late fee
5. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS. Sailing instructions will be available at registration which will be from 12-1 PM September 4 at the Registration Table and will be available after that on porch wall.
6. THE COURSES. The courses will be one or more laps of a Windward-Leeward or Triangle course between the marsh island south of the city of Beaufort and the McTeer Bridge.
7. SCORING. The Low Point System will apply less excludable scores as described here.
Throw outs for races completed: none if fewer than 6 races; one if 6 or 7 races; two if 8 or 9 races; three if 10-14 races; four if 15-19 races and five if 20 or more races. This modifies rule A2. Six races are required to be completed to constitute a series.
Boats that are scored DNS (Did not start), DNF (Did not finish), RET (Retired), DSQ (Disqualified) or OCS (On course side) will receive points for the finishing place one more than the number of boats in that class that came to the starting area; Boats that did not sail to the starting area will be scored DNC (Did Not Compete) and will receive points two more than the number of boats in that class that sailed to the starting area. This is a change to Rule A9, sentence 2. “Coming to the starting area” means sailing to the area of the starting line. One boat entering the race will be scored. Sailors serving on the race committee will receive credit for the races missed and scored an average of all her series races sailed, less throwouts.
- PRIZES. Prizes will be awarded based on the number of boats of each class sailing 50% or more of the races, as follows: 1st place for two boats; 1st & 2nd places for four boats; 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for 5 or more boats.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY. Competitors participate in the series entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the series.
If you have questions or need additional information contact Gordon Sproul., Fleet Captain, at 525-0745 or email@example.com